The Wisconsin Interscholastic Fishing Association (WIFA) is committed to the education, conservation, and management of our natural resources while building an understanding of our aquatic ecosystems and sciences. Our primary goals are
to get students involved in the outdoors and to become future ambassadors of our sport through the foundation of spirited competition.
Saturday, February 9th, 2019
7:30 am – 1 pm
- 10 person or less High School team, schools may have multiple teams, no sharing of fish with other teams. All WI DNR Fishing regulations apply, https://dnr.wi.gov/.
- Fishing may only be on Lake Wissota, Chippewa Falls, http://jigsup.org/directions.html.
- Top Length for each species gets registered (1 of each species): Northern, Bass, Walleye, Perch, Crappie, Bluegill.
- Use board to measure; each team is responsible to bring in their game fish
sheet to the WIFA headquarters at 1 pm signed by your coach. Catch and release is encouraged.
- Trophies and Prizes awarded to the top teams by total length. Individual
prizes for top length in each species.
- Coaches’ Meeting at 7 am at The View, one coach per school must report to this meeting.
- $25 per team (max 10 students) payable to UWEC Foundation, bring payment to Coaches’ Meeting
- Free lunch ticket for all team members: hot dog, chips, and drink
- Call or E-mail by Thursday, February 5 to reserve a team, include coach’s name, email, and phone number:
Andy Jepsen | firstname.lastname@example.org | 715-836-2176